Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And she sings...

Funny how a small stomach virus can throw a wrench into everything. But it did, and I have been playing catch up since that time.

Friday, was a snow day, and we managed to get 5 inches...today it is almost all gone. However we did take advantage of it, by playing in the snow all weekend! ALL weekend. We are lucky enough to have an empty field across from us, with a small hill, and DH and I managed to help the kids down. I tried to show off run, and jump onto the sled to show The collective what speed could do downhill. However the snow was so powdery I simply landed with a thud, and knocked the wind out of myself. It was hilarious, and no, I do not have film on it.

DH stayed out with the kids for 4 hours yesterday as it was Presidents day, they made a gargantuan snowman. It is on the north side of the house, so it is still standing. They had fun. One wall of a snow fort was built. The temps were great, and I cannot complain.

I have my first church choir practice tonight, I am excited, as I really wanted to join when we moved, but the church we decided to attend, had none, until tonight! So I will get to sing to my hearts content. When I was younger I did sing in church, a few solos here and there for Baptisms, and Blessings of children, but I have never sang in a choir.

Seems as though work is keeping me busier than I could have thought, it is not terrible. I am just very scheduled. VERY. And any free time I seem to get is spent with DH, and The Collective, as it should be. DH's schedule is unpredictable at best, and his days are typically 10-14 hours, with a lot of weekend travel. In fact I am looking at the Month of March, and it seems as though he is only home 5 days. SR has Spring Break, so I am sort of struggling with what to do at this time. I have a backup plan, I will just have to see how "easy" it is for all involved.

I need a haircut in a bad way, the back looks like a straggly mess. Hoping to get in tonight or tomorrow to get it straightened out.

OK I am off to figure out dinner, do my 2 loads of wash, unload the dishwasher like every other Mom in the country...

3 comments:

Erica said...

My hair is longer than it's ever been; I keep it that way to take the onus off of my thighs, which are fatter than they've ever been. Sigh.

Guard Wife said...

Uh-oh...I didn't know every other mom in the country was doing laundry & dishes. Guess I better go do that?

Missed you!!!

Anonymous said...

Laundry and dishes - it's my daily duty. Especially the laundry, if I let it go it takes on a life of its own....