Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Holidays?

Who would have thought that the month of February could be so busy?

It seems as though SR will be celebrating the 100th day of school this week. I guess this has become a big deal. Who knew? So we have to count out 100 of something small to take to school this week....

In addition ha must get Valentines ready for class, and make a Valentine Day Box. This could be a challenge as SR wants
You all know I have o creative skills. We will see.

I had also signed up to help in September with SR's party, however this was before I started working, I will be 15 minutes late, but notified the parent in charge of party....

PN, also has a Valentine Day celebration, and we are to bring more Valentines, and plates, and suckers.....

There are also parent teacher conferences this month.

Seems awfully busy for a sweethearts holiday....

I also must buy treats or something for 2 classes of folks.

I need to get this done before the weekend runs out, because I just want to be done with what I can be.....

I managed to have a teeny migraine last night, I went ahead and took my imitrix, as I did not want it to get worse, or wake with a headache this morning.

8 comments:

airforcewife said...

omigosh! I wonder if we were psychically connected last night. I had a small migraine, too.

Maybe it's just the kids thing.

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of the 100th day thing before.

Some Soldier's Mom said...

quick treats for school: make cupcakes in flat bottom ice cream cones! stand the cones in the cupcake tins and fill with cake dough to just below the wide part! frost -- or not. no messy wrappers, no crumbs -- and the kids EAT the cone with the cake! also easy to transport if unfrosted... I used to send a tin of white frosting and chocolate frosting in case the kids wanted frosting (but the teachers prefer no frosting -- too messy!) and you can also make white cake "pink" for valentines day!

Marc Miyake said...

I can't see anyone else's comments right now, but in case no one else asked, what's a Beaverton Boom Blox box? Googling it only leads to this very post.

Arts and crafts can be such a pain for those of us not into them.

Some "holiday" ... there's so much work involved!

Is your headache gone?

Vicki Payne said...

I'm the school "health aide" and we just had a big 100 day celebration here, lots of posterboards lining the walls. One used 100 marshmallows,another cotton balls, smarties, a 100 cheap beads, stickers...a hundred of anything small and cheap - lifesavers.

Good luck!

Vicki Payne said...

I'm the health aide at the local elementary school and we just celebrated our 100th day. The halls were lined with poster boards with 100 cottonballs glued on, one had smarties, another had lifesavers, stickers, cheap beads.

Good luck.

Vicki Payne said...

I'm the health assistant at an elementary school and we just celebrated the 100th day of school. The halls were lined with all kinds of things glued on posterboard - for example, a hundred cotton balls, a hundred smarties, stars, lifesavers, stickers, bow-tie pasta, cartwheel pasta....you can take it from there.

Nancy said...

If you have time, and your child has patience, find a magazine (s) and pick out One Hundred Wishes.

I couldn't see what kind of box she wanted. What's it supposed to look like?