Monday, August 22, 2005

If I were Emma Peel....





I would WHIP this house back into shape.

The dinner party went well, all food was delicious. The Dutch guy had never had "corn on the stick"....ahhhhhhh great. I guess I am way more redneck than I had thought.

He also had watermelon a couple of times only, in Italy and it was served with honey..maybe something worth trying.

Well as with all dinner parties when you have children.....I have a sink of stray dishes, wine glasses, and a couple of pans. I did get an entire dishwasher load done last night.

The Dutch guy brought "Berenburg"......A locally made alcohol, it was thick and dark like Jaguermeister, and had herbal flavor, without being "mediciney or licoricey".

Beerenburg is a kind of gin (or maybe you'd call it geneva) that has had herbs soaked in it for a certain time. This gives the gin a special taste. This soaking time is different for different Beerenburgs. With Sonnema, for example, it is 24 hours. With the Plantinga Beerenburg, it is three times 12 days. The amount of herbs can also vary, as well as the fact that these are or are not completely replaced after the soaking.


The toddlers were good. Dash passed out eating his "Corn on a stick"....

Pink Ninja, was charming and happy, thanks to an extended nap in the afternoon.

I am tired this mornin', and have a lot on my list o' thngs to do for the week........

ICK, tell me why I don't like Mondays.....

No comments: