Tuesday, December 04, 2007

learning...

Pink Ninja, has not been "my learner". She is smart as a whip, but has not been interested in "learning ABC's" etc. I can't blame her. Plus it is a little difficult when your brother was born reading. I have not pushed matters, as I believe learning should be fun. You are only teeny once. While Sir Rowland has been my reader, and math person, she had leaning to drawing, and creating. Figuring out how to use scissors expertly at an early age. She also likes organizing things into catergories. She can identify all sorts of animals, and wants to know "who eats who." "Will a lion eat me? I know they like other animals, but do they like people." Sadly I have had the job of educating her on what cute animals will eat people. The other night while driving to church, she was telling me about how "bucks fight, and sometimes they loose horns, but they grow back, it is called regeneration." It knocked my socks off. I had no idea it was called regeneration.

Over the past 2 months, she has made leaps in the writing department. LEAPS. And out of nowhere, she not only knows her letters, but can write them. She is writing her name, brothers name, spelling things out loud. Amazing.

It is amazing to me as a Mother, that people can learn so differently.

amazing, my children amaze me daily.

No comments: