Thursday, July 26, 2007

Cyst-er

After spending part of the week in a fair amount of pain, I was finally nudged to go the the vagina whisperer. The nudge coincidentally was a fantastic amount of pain that had me frozen for a few moments.

So I called the vagina whisperer, diagnosing myself with a cyst on my left ovary.

Imagine my surprise, after a loverly vaginal ultrasound being diagnosed with a ruptured right ovarian cyst, and a 3cm left ovary cyst.

Crap. Only half right.

I am feeling better now, after some medication. But frankly I just want to stay in bed until I feel better.

No can do, as I will be up at 5am, prepping for a trip to the airport as Sissy leaves.

My Sister has to depart in the morning.

In other news Sir Rowland has taken up the game of scrabble. He does quite well, and I think would spend hours playing with me, Pink Ninja has other ideas for him.

Pink Ninja has become the resident hair stylist. Which is not really grand. I have naturally curly hair, that when brushed in humidity takes on its own sort of personality. And not a friendly one. I need more ball caps.

While at the mall the other afternoon, I had the pleasure of sampling Estee Lauders newest fragrance Pleasures Delight. I loved it, with its hints of caramel, vanilla, marshmallow, and strawberry. Yum. I normally wear Coco Chanel which fragrance base is vanilla, amber, and honey. I did not buy any perfume. I told the woman, I should probably let DH pick my perfume, because after all I want him to enjoy it. She was quick to retort with this.

"Oh honey, men will pick out things that smell like grapefruit. Because it makes them perceive you as 6-10 years younger".

AWTM: "Well I want 5 gallons of that."

I wasn't sure if I should believe her or not, so I looked into it...

Well what do you know....

NEW YORK (AP) _ A study of smells shows that the scent of grapefruit on women make them seem younger to men _ about six years younger

However, a grapefruit fragrance on men does nothing for them.

The study by the Smell and Taste Institute in Chicago was conducted to determine what makes a women smell young _ but not too young, like pink bubble gum.

Institute director Alan Hirsch said he smeared several middle-aged woman with broccoli, banana, spearmint leaves, and lavender but none of those scents made a difference to the men.

But the scent of grapefruit changed men's perceptions. Hirsch said that when male volunteers were asked to write down how old the woman with grapefruit odor was, the age was considerably less than reality.



Maybe it is time to try grapefruit huh?

No comments: