Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Anxiety is not my friend...

In not so good news I am in perimenapause, it is the slowest, most ickiest train ride ever...thank you.

In other news, I am now noting I am having a lot of anxiety that is affecting my mood, and my normal reaction to joyful events, my joy is short lived, my energy is down. I will take responsibility for it.

I am not taking tremendous care of myself, I have not done yoga in AGES. Which is what was helping me keep centered, and giving me time out of my head.

There is a lot going on around here, much of which I cannot write about at the current time, but will share when I can. What is going on around me is making me anxious.

I am spending tremendous energy trying to look cool as a cucumber, when I actually want to run screaming.....not that it would help. My goal for the day is to remain calm, keep it even, have appropropriate conversations, and respond appropriately when spoken to. Really that is my goal, make it through the day appearing too be normal.

I have had anxiety issues before, mostly situational, high stress situations, which frankly if they did not cause anxiety, you would think I was made of stone....

So I am here to recognize it, I need out of my head.

the explanation will come soon, and it will be understood...but for now pray for peace of mind please

3 comments:

Mrs. Who said...

May you find yourself centered as we enter the holiday season...being Mom sometimes means not doing what you desperately feel like doing. It's both a blessing and a burden that we can do that...

Guard Wife said...

I would offer you my head to crawl in to, but I love you and I wouldn't do that to someone I love. :)

Just know that I heart you and I understand. And, I'm turning it into a personal mission to stop allowing my anxiety & frustrations & whatever totally dominate my thoughts & rule my behavior.

There. New Year's Resolution list started.

Musings from the Smartest Man in the World said...

A little late to the game, sorry. My wife has been going through peri for a while. She gets these migrains that consist of flashing lights and dizziness, no pain though. Wish you luck and happy Holidays! :-)