Saturday, December 12, 2009

irritated

My Dad is going to be irritated that we have not gotten on the road yet...however I had to pack the kids, make breakfast, do dishes, finish up laundry...because after all I will not be here all weekend. DH hd to take the truck and get an oil change and run the dog.

I cannot help but think of pre children, when DH and I would pack ourselves in 2 minutes on a Friday night after work and head to Denver for the weekend.

Ha, that seems like eons ago.

Now it takes preparation.

As much as I love my family, I could have used the weekend at home, to get things done.

Hoping to take the kids sledding while there and get a GREAT photo for Christmas cards...yes indeedy I have not started them yet

2 comments:

Sara said...

looking forward to the impending chaos. sorta. After I saw all the baby stuff I needed, and almost all of it needed to come with me when I traveled I was sure I'd need to register for a uhaul too. Can't wait till we won't need a baby bathtub, high chair, carseat, sroller, etc. And let's not forget about entertaining the kid!

Sorry you'll be upsetting the parents and won't get your time at home. Sounds like you might have fun though.

vw bug said...

Phew, glad to know I'm not the only one that hasn't sent out cards.