The University of Nebraska is having a contest...
Colorful Creature Contest
What Color is Your Creature?
All submitted artwork goes on exhibit in Morrill Hall this spring!
Children in the following Age Groups are eligible to participate:
Preschool or younger
1. General - any creature, ancient or modern
(i.e. tigers, bugs, lizards, dinosaur, birds, etc.)
2. Mammoth - depictions of Mammoths only
Children may submit one entry per category.
1. Coloring must be the exclusive work of the child, without the assistance of others.
2. Contestants may submit one entry per Creature Category: General and Mammoth.
3. A separate Entry Form must be attached to each piece of submitted artwork.
4. All artwork must be on white, 8 1/2 x 11 size paper.
5. Contestants may use any kind of art medium to generate their creatures. Use of vibrant color is strongly encouraged.
6. Entries must be received by Saturday, April 18th 2009. Completed artwork, and corresponding Entry Forms, may be dropped-off or mailed to: University of Nebraska State Museum, 307 Morrill Hall, Lincoln, NE 68588-0338.
7. All entries will be displayed at the museum as part of a temporary exhibit in May.
8. All entries become property of the University of Nebraska State Museum at the time they are turned in (though if you stop into Morrill Hall within a month of the exhibit's end we will do our best to find and return your child's image).
9. There is no purchase necessary, nor any cost to enter the contest.
10. Families who drop off their artwork may also visit the museum for half price that day.
This looks like another fun activity for The Collective, we also LOVE this museum!!