DH's Aunt made pico de gallo when were visiting about a month ago.
It was the BEST!
BEST I swear.
Cilantro is the key!
It is easy...
2 cups diced very ripe tomato
1 cup diced Spanish (purple) onion
6 - 10 jalapenos, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp salt (or garlic salt)
* Dice 2 large, very-ripe tomatoes and 1 large Spanish onion into 1/4" cubes.
* Chop jalapenos, garlic and cilantro.
* Mix all ingredients and refrigerate at least six hours.
* Keeps refrigerated for 4-5 days.
Variations - Add any or all of the following:
* 1 tbsp lime juice
* 1 habanero
* 1/2 can whole kernel corn
* 1/2 can black beans