Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where is the Sun?

For 8 days, we have not really seen the sun. 6 of those days, were frozen fog. Pretty for a photo or two for a postcard, but enough already. Winter has been so COLD, and feels so long to me @ this point that I wore a sweatshirt out for errands in 38 degrees. I looked around and noted all the adults around me, had the same idea. Some with short sleeves on running around. A balmy 38 degrees...

It has been a bizarre winter. COLD. VERY cold. As long as there is no wind, I can hang in the cold. However it is Nebraska, so the days without wind are far and few between.

What has gotten me through winter? The idea that someone did this 200 years ago, with no TV, no neighbors, no videogames, no TV, no internet, no indoor plumbing, no school, no car, , no wash machine, no indoor plumbing, no wash machine, no oven.....

It is a wonder they all did not kill one another....

No comments: