Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm so happy with my feet on the ground

I got nothing. A weekend goes by, and I have nothing. Nothing.

I managed to get more boxes packed. Realizing it is true we have outgrown our current house.

It looks like I have packed nothing.

Seriously.

Today, I am going to veture on.

Although I am at the point where I am starting to feel as if packing is moot.

I suppose this is common, A sort of bump in the road.

I watched a horrible movie this weekend. Thumbsucker. It was about an hour too long.

The Collective seem to be healthy again. DH and I each have weird coughs, and throat irritation. Ick. It is annoying whatever it is.

PN and I are going to spend the morning making home made egg noodles for chicken noodle soup.


This is my Mothers recipe and is 4 generations old.

Egg Noodles

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup cream (you can sub milk)
(keep extra flour out, and in reach)


roll it out and cut into thin strips.

UPDATE:

Do not be afraid to use extra four when rolling dough out.

use a pizza cutter, much easier than a knife

cut into thin strips

place on a mesh rack (I do not have, so I put mine on paper sacks like my Mom and Grandma did. )

I like to dry my noodles on top of the stove as my stock and chicken is cooking in the oven.

Let the noodles dry through the day.

once your chicken stock is made, and chicken is slow roasted prepare the rest of your stock, cut up the chicken. I also use the stock from the slow roasted chicken, and any chicken stock I have on hand. If I do not have extra chicken stock I use broth from those swanson boxes.

we like onion, celery, carrots, a bit of garlic. I also love using the celery tops.

transfer it to the stove top and bring to a slow boil, transfer the noodles to the pot in small bunches, stir soup continuously until all noodles are added. Once noodles are in pot, and do not appear to be sticking to one another, turn the heat down from a boil to very hot and place the lid on.

Turn it down after noodles are cooked through...

and simmer!

1 comment:

Katy said...

Okay, That is going to be my plans for Sunday. Thanks for all the directions.