Monday, September 24, 2007

Recap

First off I want to start by telling you all, the children that woke me up at 5am for 5 years....

They no longer want to wake at 5am....(as DH predicted, "when school starts, you know you will have to drag them out of bed")

uhhhh yea, thanks DH for being correct AGAIN. I now have to drag them out of bed at 7:15am.

They are wanting to sleep in Monday through Friday.

This past weekend, Sir Rowland woke at 6:05 am. How do I know this, he ran into our room announced it was morning and turned on the light.

Oye.

DH and I told him it was early and we were staying in bed.

Anywho, we woke at about 7:30, and guess who was back in bed? Sir Rowland.


*****************


It is insane how busy we were over the weekend.

Really, it was just one thing after another. I felt like the weekend was one costume change after another.

Friday night was shoe night.

Both of The Collective needed shoes.

Shoes found.

I convinced DH to take me out to dinner. We had not went out to eat since DH's return from Fort Benning. We had Chinese, per "the Collective's choice".

Saturday morning

costume change

off to the fair!

Lots of fancy chickens.
Sir Rowland, refused rides.
Pink Ninja wanted roller coasters. Seriously big ones.
She went on all rides alone.
Odd, 4-H farm girls all adorable, the boys not sooo much. Poor girls.

Home

Ironed and coiffed the bunch.
Lectured The Collective on how important a wedding ceremony is, and how they could not behave like monkeys.
Wedding ceremony loverly, a lovely shade of frosty green for the bridesmaid's dresses. (Seafoam?) they were pretty.

Off to reception
No place to sit.
Found a chair by the "chocolate fountain".
Sir Rowland capable of carrying his own plate now without spilling, so I ddi not feel like a waitress with plates lined up my arms!!
Listened to Sir Rowland tell everyone they needed to use forks when dipping fruit, instead of fingers. I thought it was hilarious, and I did not stop him.
People, it is fruit and chocolate, I promise you can do it at home.
Weird to see people frothing at the mouth and not capable of using proper food handling techniques.
We left early because of seating issue.

********

Sunday morning I woke and made a huge breakfast.

Dressed and coiffed everyone for church.
A wonderful guest speaker "Brother Johnny Tucker". He called Katie Couric and Ted Turner "Godless". I love my church.

Returned home and fed the masses and had another costume change.

Home Depot to collect swatches of paint for the inside, and outside of the home. Also priced several items we will need to update the house.

Home, costume change, and pack everyone for AWANA. Could not locate Sir Rowlands Sparks gate book, after looking for 20 minutes found it. (Decided I am going to get the children separate bags for AWANA, so I am not switching bags for everything all of the time. )

home at 7:30, got out of my clothes (I was projectile vomited on at AWANA) fed the masses, unloaded dishwasher, loaded dishwasher, bathed The Collective, folded 2 loads of wash by 8:15....

The funny part is, I must have done 5 loads of laundry this weekend, and after the weekend, it looks like I have not done any for months....

I know what I will be doing today.

P.S. does anyone know how to make a sauce for Chinese chicken and brocolli?

Also the neighbors are gone, and the dogs are going to bark themselves into a damn frenzy....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can buy Hoisin sauce at any large supermarket. It can be found near the soy sauce. Or make your own Chinese Garlic Sauce by following the recipe below:

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons of peanut or sesame oil
2 tablespoons of minced garlic (or more)
3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
fresh grated ginger to taste
1/2 cup chicken stock or broth

Directions:

Heat wok or deep pan over high heat until it is sizzling hot. Add peanut oil and wait until it is smoking, add ginger and garlic and leave for a minute or so. Then add the oyster sauce and chicken stock, mixing a few times to blend. Let it simmer for another few minutes. If the sauce is too much on the thin side for your taste use a pinch of corn starch to thicken it.

Makes 1 cup. Pour over your favorite fried rice, or meat and veggie dish and enjoy.

michele